Halloween is a great time to gorge on candy. But, if you have more of a savory-tooth instead of a sweet one, these mini mummy pizzas are perfect for you.
What You’ll Need:
1 box of Enjoy Life’s Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix
1 tbsp veggie or canola oil
~1¼ cups cold water
1 tbsp olive oil (can adjust if needed)
¼ cup flour (can adjust if needed)
1 bottle pizza sauce (or tomato sauce)
1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
1 bag shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 can pitted and sliced black olives
What You’ll Do (For the Dough):
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (Fahrenheit)
- Combine pizza crust mix, oil and water in a bowl and blend until dough starts to form
- Then, sprinkle a little bit of Enjoy Life’s All Purpose Flour onto a clean surface and knead the bread into small balls.
- Place dough balls on an oiled baking sheet and press out dough into a flat circle
- After the dough is on the pan, brush some olive oil on and sprinkle some salt on it
- Then bake for ~5-8 minutes (or more if desired)
What You’ll Do (For the Pizza):
- Once the dough has baked, quickly spoon out a dollop of pizza sauce and spread it on the dough
- Add olives to make the mummy’s eyes
- Sprinkle shredded cheese around the pizzas for the mummy’s wrapping, being careful to let the eyes show through (this will give you a desired effect when the cheese melts)
- Pop back in oven for ~3-5 minutes (or more if desired)
Once the mummies have come out of the oven, let cool for around 5 minutes and dig in while the cheese is still gooey!
Hope you enjoy!