Candied and caramel apples are a traditional Halloween snack. But if you prefer to bob for something a little different this year, our spider web candied apples are what you’re looking for.
What You’ll Need:
1 bag of McIntosh apples
1 bag of wooden lollipop sticks (but I also used wooden chopsticks)
3 bars of milk chocolate
1 bag of marshmallows
What You’ll Do:
- Melt down the milk chocolate in a pan (I like to add a splash of milk to the melting chocolate to give it more of a fudgy consistency)
- Melt down a handful of marshmallows in another pan and then let cool
- Wash apples, twist off the stem, and push the stick through the hole
- Then, dip apple into the melted chocolate, place on a plate and let cool
- Take 2 forks and grab some marshmallows on the end of each. To get the web effect, you’re going to smush the two forkfuls together and then pull them apart. When you pull apart, you’re going to get a string of marshmallow, that’s when you’re going to place the marshmallow string onto the candied apple. This allows you to get a really stringy, web-like effect.
- Then pop in the fridge for ~ 2 minutes
And enjoy!! Now you have a candied apple that is ready for its creepy close-up!