http://nobread.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/gjelinaa.jpg 427 640 Nicole Cogan http://nobread.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/logo-nb-tagline-web.png Nicole Cogan2014-12-27 18:42:052015-09-28 13:56:135 Quick GF Tips
- Plan your meals around protein and produce. This mindset will help you focus on foods that are naturally gluten free and healthy.
- Embrace the potato! Whether you want the root vegetable for a healthy meal (roasted sweet potato) or for an indulgence (truffle fries), let the potato be your go-to filling carbohydrate! *Always make sure fried potatoes are cooked in a separate fryer from other foods containing gluten*
- Invest in a spiralizer. Your friends and magazines are right- it’s worth it. Learn to make noodles out of everything from zucchini to carrots. The key to a delicious GF noodle dishes is the sauce. Make your own or pick up a jar at Trader Joe’s; I promise you everything tastes better with a little peanut sauce or pesto.
- Master the art of risotto. It’s everything you might miss about pasta, but has so much potential for variation. Try melting a hunk of parmesan cheese into your risotto; you’ll burn the calories from the cheese off as you stir away at your dish as it cooks on the stove!
- Eat out NOBREAD style! Check restaurant menus to see what your options are. Restaurants are getting more GF-friendly everyday. Another tip: the gluten free dishes chefs create can be downright brilliant. Use restaurants as a source of inspiration for your cooking, whether it be by experimenting with a new grain, trying a new veggie, or creating a unique spice combo!