Hannah’s Healthy Bakery is a line of gluten-free baking mixes sold locally in Indianapolis and online on Amazon. Not only are the products gluten-free, but they are paleo, too! Hannah’s mission is to provide consumers with foods that are health conscious, and also taste delicious at the same time. Hannah’s accommodates several diets in addition to gluten-free and paleo; the brand also has products that are refined sugar free, dairy free, and nut free!
I had the opportunity to try several of Hannah’s products this week. I started with the brownies, which were super rich and made for the dark chocolate lover. Second, and the product I was most excited to try, was the Pasta mix! Even in my gluten-eating days I’ve never made my own pasta! The process is super simple, and all you have to do is add eggs and a dash of water!
What You Will Need:
- 1 bag of Hannah’s Healthy Pasta Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-2 tablespoon of water (optional)
What You Will Do:
- Pour mix into a large bowl and add eggs. Mix until the dough is formed.
- You will likely add 1-2 T to help mold together.
- Form dough into a ball, dust your surface with some starch and place dough on starched surface.
- Also sprinkle some starch on top of the dough. As you roll, if the dough separates, add more starch.
- Roll dough out very thin in the shape of a rectangle.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, slice dough into fettuccine sized noodles.
- Place in a large pot of boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until soft and cooked through.
- Add sauce and toppings of choice and enjoy!
I have to admit, I was skeptical… but it worked! And the pasta was good! My advice: roll the pasta dough as THIN as possible, as it expands when boiled. If you have a pasta machine, definitely use it. The thicker noodles had me full after just a small portion… but maybe that’s a good thing! Mom’s with gluten-free kids, or adults wanting a fun gluten-free date night activity, this pasta mix is for you.
To learn more about Hannah’s Healthy Bakery, click here!