Avocados. Bananas. Chocolate Chips. Need I say more?! This week’s NOBREAD Bread incorporates all of my favorite foods! Oh! And I can’t forget my favorite natural sugar, coconut sugar. I’m so curious to hear what y’all think; when I finished making it, I actually thought I did it all wrong! Turns out this unique bread has a ‘different’ outcome… but I love different, and this bread is no exception. It’s pretty amazing!
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 4T Coconut Oil
- 1 avocado (1/2 cup mashed)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 Cup Dairy-Free Milk
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- Dairy-Free chocolate chips
What You Will Do:
- In one bowl, mash your banana. In another, whisk your eggs. In a third, mash your avocado. Combine all 3 in a large bowl.
- Add coconut oil and dairy-free milk. I used almond.
- In a small bowl, combine GF Flour, Coconut Sugar, and Baking soda. Mix together.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips!
- Pour batter in a bread pan, and top with a few more chocolate chips!
- Cook at 350 for 50 minutes.
**NOTE: This is the one bread recipe where the good ‘ol check your bread with a toothpick trick WON’T WORK. The consistency of this bread is going to be more mushy! The bread was ready to come out at 40-45 minutes, but I left it in the oven for 50 minutes, because I wanted the outside of the bread to be nice and crisp. The contrast of crisp bread edge to soft inside is heavenly!
Honestly, this is one of the better NOBREAD Breads I’ve made!! If you are concerned about ‘tasting’ the avocado in the bread… you really don’t! And if you are concerned that the mushier inside means the bread is undercooked… no again! Can’t wait for you to try it!