Recently my doctor told me I need to incorporate more vegetables into my diet. I love vegetables, but simply roasting, baking, and sautéing can be a bit boring. That’s why I’ve started turning my vegetables into cheese sauces and soups! This Butternut Squash Soup was done in collaboration with my mom! <3
What You Will Need:
20 oz pre-cut butternut squash
½ diced medium onion
½ diced organic apple
3 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
24 oz organic low sodium chicken broth (or veggie broth for vegan)
Salt and Pepper
What You Will Do:
- Roast cut pieces of butternut squash in 1 tbsp olive oil on a cookie sheet in a 350-degree oven. Season the squash before roasting with salt and pepper. Cook for approx 30-40 minutes or until the squash has some brown edges and is tender when pierced with a fork.
- In a saucepan add 2 tbsp olive oil, apple, onion and season with salt and pepper, sauté till tender (approx 5-10 minutes).
- Transfer 1/3 of squash, apple/onion mixture and chicken broth to a blender and puree and then transfer to a bowl.
- Do this step 2 more time for the remaining ingredients. I transferred the blended soup to a nutribullet to obtain a super smooth consistency, if you have a vitamix that works great too. Heat the soup and your ready to serve.
- Suggested additions: nutmeg, red pepper flakes, cinnamon