I’m kind of addicted to chocolate. Soft baked chocolate chip cookies were my childhood vice, and since going gluten-free, I’m glad to report that nothing has changed. Well, as many of you are aware, it’s tough to find gluten-free cookies that taste as delicious as gluten-filled cookies. Oh, and if you’re looking for gluten-free AND vegan cookies, forget about it! Well, I’m happy to report that I, if I do say so myself, have mastered the ultimate gluten-free and vegan chocolate chip cookie. What’s my secret, you ask? Coconut!
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Bob Red’s Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chips Morsels
What to do:
- Melt your coconut oil and mix with brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Add in SILK Coconut Milk and stir until the 3 are as blended as possible.
- In a separate bowl, combine Bob’s Gluten-Free Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, and Vanilla.
- Pour liquid mix of coconut oil, brown sugar, and SILK Coconut Milk into the bowl containing flour etc.
- MIX IT UP!
- Add Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip morsels and mix again!
- With your combined mix, make little balls with the dough and place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Note: The balls will flatten so err on the side of making smaller cookies.
- Cook for 9 minutes at 350. Take out and let cool for 5-7 minutes.
Want to make a Gluten-Free Cookie Sandwich??
- Melt dairy-free icing or nut butter (10 seconds in the microwave)
- Spread on back side of one cookie. Take a second cookie and sandwich the two together!
These Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy to make, healthy (enough), and delicious! All they take are a few GF ingredients, a little bit of time, and a lot of love!
Hey! How many cookies for this batch? I want to try them for X-Mas.