Summer is AROUND THE CORNER! And the only thing I love more than summertime and the beach is a cool, tasty cocktail in my hand as I enjoy the season. Fruity cocktails have always been my favorite, but often these cocktail contain ingredients that are high in sugar or high in our enemy, gluten. To remedy this, I’m making your next BBQ… or afternoon refreshment… healthy, gluten-free, and absolutely delicious! Introducing my Strawberry Lime Vodka Pops made with Stoli Gluten Free!
What You Will Need:
Strawberry Syrup (see below)
1 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
1 Cup Stoli Gluten Free
4 Cups Water
For the syrup:
1 Cup Strawberries
1 Cup Sugar (I used Organic Cane Sugar)
1 Cup Water
What You Will Do:
- First make the simple syrup. In a saucepan, boil 1 Cup of water.
- Once boiling, add in 1 Cup sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Once dissolved, let your syrup cool.
- Add 1 Cup strawberries and bring back to a boil.
- Let the strawberries boil for about 10 minutes… you will notice the syrup will turn red and thicken!
- After 10 minutes let your strawberry syrup cool.
- In a pitcher, combine strawberry syrup, 1 Cup fresh lime juice, 1 Cup Stoli Gluten Free, and 4 Cups of water.
- Stir together.
- Once mixed, pour into your ice pop holders! I made 6 ice pops with this quantity, and kept the remaining juice in the refrigerator so I could make more pops later… and have a glass after dinner 😉
The ice pops will take about 3 hours to freeze in a freezer. If you have difficulty removing the ice pops from the holder when you are ready to eat them, run the ice pop under cool sink water for a few seconds to loosen!
Homemade, refreshing, and guaranteed gluten-free! Summertime cocktails don’t get much better than this!
Leave a Reply