Everyone knows I love sweet potatoes. In fact, sweet potato french fries are on my list of top 3 favorite foods! And when it comes to breakfast, I’m a gluten-free pancake and waffle connoisseur. So I figured, why not combine my two loves and make sweet potato waffles? To the internet I went, collecting inspiration from several recipes I saw floating around on the web, and as I began my experimenting I knew a new favorite recipe was about to be made.
What You Will Need:
- 1½- 2 Cups Sweet Potato
- 1 C. GF Rolled Oats
- 1 T. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon (Optional)
- 1 Egg
- ¾ C. Coconut Milk
- 1 T. Coconut Oil
- 1 T. Vanilla Extract
- Toppings of your choosing!
What You Will Do:
- Cook sweet potatoes – If in a rush like I usually am, microwave for about 6 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in a food processor. Blend. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients (sweet potato, egg, oil, milk, vanilla) in a food processor. Blend.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together and stir until smooth!
- Coat waffle maker with coconut oil or a spray, and pour the batter on! In just minutes, you’re done!
Ah, wait! Don’t forget to add toppings! I love adding almond butter and a little fruit, and sometimes when I want to take the recipe up a notch, I add some cinnamon into the mix.
Leave a Reply