What do you do when you come home from a week away and you have SUPER ripe bananas sitting on your counter? Make banana bread! I’ve made just about every banana bread there is to make, but on my quest to make a different NOBREAD Bread each week, I’ve discovered a new recipe!
Marble breads are beautiful, and flavorful, so I figured why not kick my banana bread game up a notch, and use unsweetened cocoa powder to make a beautiful marble banana bread? You will see in my ingredient shot below a bowl of chia… I was going to use chia “eggs” and make the bread vegan, but then I realized this may mess with my color scheme, and I switched it out for traditional organic eggs!
What You Will Need:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 Cups almond flour
- 2T coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of Pink Himalayan salt
- 3T unsweetened Cacao powder
What You Will Do:
- In a large bowl, combine your wet ingredients (3 ripe bananas, eggs, almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla)
- In a small bowl, combine your dry ingredients EXCEPT the cocoa powder (almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt)
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix.
- Once combined, your mixture will measure to about 3 Cups. Pour 1.5 Cups in one bowl, and 1.5 Cups in the other.
- Add 3T Cocoa Powder to ONE of the bowls, and combine.
- Line your bread pan with parchment paper. Pour scoops of each bowl into the bread pan so that the colors rotate.
- With a knife, swirl your mixture!
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean!
- Slice and serve! Each bite in unique, with flavors of almond, coconut, banana, and chocolate! I mean… what more could you want!
To be honest, I’ve seen prettier marble swirls… but I’d like to think this was a great first try!! I’ll work on my knife skills for my next marble cake. If anyone has any tips, let me know!