I am SO overwhelmed by all of your comments and the feedback on my Double Chocolate Paleo Zucchini Brownies I made the other week! I’m glad you all agree that healthy can be tasty, too! You all have inspired me to continue playing around with Zucchini and it’s sister, Squash, and make more dessert recipes that are healthy, too! Today I am making a classic gluten-free, paleo bread, and using squash for added nutrients!
What You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup of grated summer squash (from about 1 medium squash)
- 2C cup almond flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1T Coconut Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
What You Will Do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients (Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Coconut Sugar, Baking Soda, Xanthan gum, cinnamon, salt)
- In a small bowl combine all wet ingredients (eggs, coconut oil, vanilla)
- Pour wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Squash time! Grate or slice your squash until it is finely chopped. When you are done, place all squash bits on a paper towel and squeeze ALL of the water out!! This is super important.
- When you have 1/2 cup of grated squash measured, pour it into your large bowl of the combined ingredients, and fold until it is fully incorporated.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper or coconut oil, and pour your batter in!
- Cook for 35-37 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for 15 minutes, slice and serve!
This bread is absolutely delicious! You don’t feel or taste the squash. Rather you taste a plethora of flavors. I topped my bread with coconut butter which I totally recommend! I hope you enjoy!!