The Ram’s Head Inn, located on the East End of Shelter Island, is the go-to place when heading out east for a weekend escape. In the summer, the Inn is most popular for Wedding’s! The Inn is large enough to host a ceremony, dinner and dancing down by the beach area, but it still maintains a simple yet sophisticated feel.
From the service, to the amenities, to the cuisine, everything about Ram’s Head Inn is elegant. Room’s are on the smaller side, but this is forgivable considering the vast amount of activities that will keep you on the move outside.
What To Do in The Area:
- Sag Harbor- Before gracing Shelter Island with your presence, spend some time in Sag Harbor. Cute shops line the main street, featuring anything from high-end clothing to casual beach-wear, candy, and toys!
- The Tuck Shop- This family-owned ice cream shop is one of my favorite places to go on Shelter Island. Super casual with incredible ice cream!
- Sunset Beach- This is Shelter Island’s place to “see and be seen.” And yes, to catch the ultimate sunset! Great food & drinks, too!
Where To Dine:
- Ram’s Head- I highly recommend going to Ram’s Head on a beautiful summer night to enjoy a delicious meal and a beautiful sunset. There are plenty of gluten free options including potato crusted fluke, Pan Seared Sea Scallops, and a Prosciutto and Arugula salad. Check out all gluten free options and our thoughts on the restaurant in our review!
- Beach- Walk down the hill from the hotel and wah-lah! You’re own private beach. Kayaks, paddle boards, and tanning lounges are available for your use!
- Tennis Courts- If you’re in the mood for activities, the property has a tennis court and an area to play bocce ball and cornhole!
- Bar- Get drinks before dinner or end your evening with a night-cap at the Inn’s bar, located right at the entrance.
Ram’s Head Inn is quaint and adorable, and perfect when you are in need of a relaxing getaway. Thank you, Ram’s Head, for the wonderful, calming day!