Growing up, the only thing I loved more than making chocolate chip cookies was eating the chocolate chip cookie dough. Often, half the batter would be gone by the time I got around to baking the cookies! I also don’t know why I am speaking in the past, this is still the case! I will admit, however, that I feel guilty every time I eat the dough because not only is it SO unhealthy, but the dough always contains raw egg. Introducing my Cookie Dough Hummus; a protein packed dough that is gluten-free, dairy-free, and actually good for you!
It is officially May, which is also National Celiac Awareness Month, and my favorites over at Enjoy Life Foods and I have decided to create this PERFECT, gluten-friendly treat for all of our GF friends. The cookie dough is perfect as your next cocktail party appetizer, after-dinner dessert, midday snack, and for the parents out there, this is the kind of cookie dough you WANT your kids to be having!
What You Will Need:
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained)
- 1/3 cup of sunbutter (or any other nut-free butter!)
- 2T Coconut Sugar
- 2T Maple Syrup
- 1T Olive Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- Enjoy Life Baking Chocolate
What You Will Do:
- Place Chickpeas, Sunbutter, Coconut Sugar, Maple Syrup, Olive Oil, vanilla, and salt in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth!
- Scoop mixture into a bowl, and sprinkle with Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips.
The chocolate chips totally make the Cookie Dough Hummus complete, and add just the right amount of sweetness!