Do you know my Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies? And how ooey, gooey, and amazing they are?? Well we’re taking those same cookies, and crisping them up a bit for a less gooey but equally delicious chocolate chip cookie experience! Introducing my Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches! Still gluten-free, vegan, and paleo, but a mix between the classic “chipwich,” my cookies, and an Oreo.
What You Will Need:
For the COOKIE:
- 3 T Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 T Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 T Maple Syrup
- 1 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Dash of Salt
- Dairy Free Mini Chocolate Chips
For the Filling:
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Butter, melted
- 2 T Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
What You Will Do:
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and make the cookies. In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients, and in a smaller bowl, combine your wet ingredients.
- Pour the small bowl into the larger, and combine thoroughly. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Line a tray with parchment paper, and roll balls of dough into small circles. Make each circle just an inch in diameter!
- Remember, these are my Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies… the larger they are the more gooey, and we want these to be crisp sandwiches.
- Cook for 11 minutes, and let cool!
- Now time to make the filling. Melt your coconut butter and mix in maple syrup and vanilla. Place in the refrigerator and let it cool and harden together.
- Once your cookies are totally cool, and your filling is totally hard, add filling to one cookie, and sandwich it with another. Press down so the sandwich sticks together!
- Enjoy!!! I like to keep these in my freezer because it feels like an ice cream sandwich, but you can totally store at room temp for the first few days.
Leave a Reply