There’s no doubt that matcha is the ultimate superfood. It’s high in antioxidants, boosts energy, detoxes the body, and fortifies the immune system… and that’s just a few of its benefits! In recent years, matcha has replaced coffee for many, and has been added to anything from cookies to protein shakes. Well this morning, I decided to add the powerful antioxidant to my pancakes!!
What You Will Need:
- 1½ cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 3½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 T Cane Sugar
- 1¼ cups Coconut Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 T Matcha Powder (I used T2Tea)
- Optional: Maple Syrup, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
What You Will Do:
- In a large bowl, combine GF All-Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Cane Sugar.
- Separately, combine egg and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and combine.
- Add your matcha!
- Pour mix onto skillet– I make my pancakes with a 3-4″ diameter. When the pancake starts to bubble, flip it!
- Cook for 30 seconds on the opposite side, and remove.
- This serving should make about 8-10 pancakes!
- Stack up, and dust with extra matcha, dairy-free chocolate chips, and maple syrup!